What is Affiliate Marketing?
If you don’t know want is affiliate marketing is, it’s one of the best online income streams. Many online entrepreneurs already making a decent amount of money with affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is you promote commission-based products. When someone buys through your affiliate link, you get a commission for that purchase. As an affiliate, you just need to drive traffic to your affiliate links and wait for a sale made.
So let’s start How To Make Money With Affiliate Marketing [Step-By-Step Guide]-
Affiliate Disclosure – Heads up! This site contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission from certain links on your purchase. This doesn’t affect your purchases and costs you may pay for the product or service.
Get Started With Affiliate Marketing
1. Select A Niche
Choose a specific niche, so you’ll be creating content related to that niche. Do research about your niche check it has enough traffic potential, check on Google Trends. Pick a niche that has not too big and not too small, narrow down your topic if it’s too broad. Keep in mind, don’t pick a niche that’s too small, so you can create enough content regarding that niche.
2. Create Your Website
Once you picked a niche, it’s time to create your website/blog. Setup your website, so you’ll promote your affiliate products on that website. For promoting affiliate links on your website, you can create blog articles, review articles, and product composition post. And that will help to add your affiliate links to those articles. For creating a website you need two things, first, a web hosting provider like BlueHost, where your website will be hosted. And second a website builder like WordPress, so you can set up your website easily.
3. Sign up for Affiliate Programs
The next thing you have to do is joining some affiliate networks which will provide related products according to your niche. Before register for an affiliate program, check their commission and refund rates, and also check their terms & policy. So you’ll not have any kind of issues related to their platform.
Here are some popular affiliate programs –
- Amazon Associates
- Share A Sale
- eBay Partners
4. Pick A Product
After signing up for Affiliate Programs, it’s time to pick a product to promote, here’s a tip. Before selecting the product to promote, check all information about the product you got like commission per sale, product testimonials, and ratings, sales page, affiliate tools, etc. Do not promote any product that has low ratings and testimonials, scammy looking sales page, etc. Try to promote products with high commission rates and low refund rates, products with a recurring commission, and products with some upsells.
5. Create Affiliate Marketing Post
Now it’s to creating an engaging post that leads your affiliate product. If your post having engagements and your readers seeing that the product will solve their problem, then you definitely see some conversions. Do not try to inserting your affiliate links all over your article. If your reader sees that you’re just trying to convince them to buy from you, they leave your page and walk away, so always use 80/20 rule.
6. Get Traffic To Your Post
Once your post is published you need to drive traffic to your post, so you’ll get clicks on your affiliate links. Here are some ways to get traffic to your post –
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – Optimize your post for search engines like Google, Bing, Yandex, etc, so your post appears on search results. Target keywords that have enough search volume and low competition, so you rank higher on search appearance. Ranking high on the search appearance gets you the consistent organic traffic from the search engines. If you’re in WordPress then YoastSEO plugin makes SEO work much easier for you.
- Paid Ads – If you have some money to invest in paid ads, you can. Paid advertisement is a great traffic source if you’re promoting high commission rate products. Because you’ll get targeted traffic which is already interested in what you are promoting. Learn more about paid ads before you spend your money on ads.
- Social Networks – Social networking sites are very powerful to drive traffic to your website. There are several social media you can leverage for your website traffic. Some popular social networking sites are – Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, etc.